visit us on facebook
Parlor Room PDF Print E-mail

Parlor_3-rs

The parlor has a new look as six layers of wallpaper were removed during the winter closure of 2012-13. The new wallpaper matches the lovely sofa and a new rug was added to the parlor. Thirty families lived at the former residence. The families brought their own furniture into the home. When the building was turned over to the Historical Society the building was empty. Through the years many items have been donated to the museum. The parlor is the only room where the original fireplace is intact. The room features a Victrola from the early 1900’s, a Reed Organ or Pump Organ, a Piano-Organ, and a spinning wheel. On the table are stereoscopes which were a popular form of entertainment from the Civil War era through the depression. There are cards to view showing important events such as the Civil War, the World’s Fair, and the San Francisco Earthquake.

 


Hendricks County Historical Museum Sign
170 South Washington St.
P. O. Box 226
Danville, IN 46122
317-718-6158

Hours of Operation
Saturday 11am - 3pm

Closed January/February
for Restoration

For appointment or tours call
317-745-4784

Visit Our Store!